Neudata works with leading global organisations including asset managers, hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms, and corporations to help them find, evaluate and select new/alternative data sources that will enhance their data research efforts.
We are committed to helping the public and members of the media understand the alternative data landscape.
Our team of experts is able to speak about general alternative data trends and can provide commentary on most breaking news in the alternative data space.
Members of the media and industry are welcome to use and publish the below charts with proper attribution to Neudata. Charts and underlying data are updated quarterly and are available for download at the bottom of the page.
Get in touch with us at [email protected].
Alternative Data Statistics
Rado Lipus, founder and CEO of Neudata, which scouts new and interesting datasets, and connects data providers with hedge fund and asset management clients, says there is strong demand for big data from family businesses and family offices. "The data monetization opportunity for many family office/family businesses to the financial sector is in several millions of dollars of recurring revenues,” he says. “And in rare cases in tens of millions of recurring revenues. It is particularly valuable if the data source is unique, has granularity, and its timeliness is high.” Lipus adds that businesses don’t need to be big to have valuable data. “I think the key is that the data, from large or small businesses, provides something new or different. The data has to be of good quality - the key is how clean is it, consistency, history, length, data frequency (hourly, daily, weekly etc), and how compliant it is.”
Battle of the Quants, London 2016On 16 November 2016, Neudata participated and battled it out on the Data Panel at the Battle of the Quants conference in London.
Disruptive datasets in asset management – CFA Unconference, London 2016On 08 November 2016, Neudata presented on “Disruptive Datasets in Asset Management” at the CFA UK FinTech Unconference in London. To find out more about the CFA Institute, visit their website.
Neudata in the News
- 7 Apr 2022 Bulk Commodity Trading Circle (Chinese language) Shanghai Data Exchange organizes symposium on proposals for cross-border data flow policies
- 7 Feb 2022 Integrity Research Neudata launches tool to source ESG data
- 4 Feb 2022 KnowESG Neudata rolls out ESG data scouting tool
- 20 Jan 2022 Big Data & Society Prospecting non-standard data in machine learning-driven finance
- 16 Sep 2021 Business Insider (subscription required) Why App Annie’s $10 million SEC settlement is a turning point
- 11 Aug 2021 CFM Commentary & Insights CFM Talks To: Rado Lipus
- 14 Jul 2021 FundFire (subscription required) KKR ramps up data science as managers aim to ‘squeeze out value’
- 2 Jul 2021 Integrity Research (subscription required) Alternative data fee pressures persist
- 15 Jun 2021 Business insider (subscription required) A top Millennium quant lays out the 4 types of alt data that produce alpha and why it’s so hard to find these days
- 7 May 2021 The Drawdown (subscription required) PE embraces alternative data
- 9 Apr 2021 Integrity Research (subscription required) Alternative data sourcing firm Neudata prospers even during pandemic
- 29 Jan 2021 The Telegraph (subscription required) Hedge funds use algorithms to fight back against Redditors
- 13 Jan 2021 FlexAdvantage Blog Alternative Data’s Rising Star in COVID Era
- 4 Jan 2021 Risk.net (subscription required) Quants find new ways to identify inventive companies
- 2 Dec 2020 Business Insider (subscription required) How S&P Global’s $44 bn IHS Markit deal will transform the market for financial data